Friday, February 11, 2011

Summer time


Velvet Buck
Originally uploaded by Louis Q
Well, since it was -2 out on this fine February day, I thought I'd find a photo that reminds me of summer, camping, cookouts and hiking. This shot was taken 2 summers ago at a family campsite (otherwise know as the mountain) outside of Lock Haven, Pa. I was out for a stroll later in afternoon with my camera and oh....how peaceful it was. I saw this fella way off in the distance and at the time just had my crappy 75-300mm Canon lens. I knelt down and started firing away. I didn't get too many keepers as i was shaking and was all the was zoomed on this guy at 300mm. So hand holding was tricky. He hung around for about 5 minutes though and then jotted off. I continued my trek through the woods. I am daydreaming of going back there as i type this. I could find a nice shade tree and just take a snooze....I hope to get in some more hiking and nature/wildlife shots this summer and get in the woods more often....Here's to hoping Spring arrives soon.

1 comment:

  1. I am dreaming of spring as well, Lou. When I moved to Nashville, they told me it was warm down here. 11 degrees this AM...not too warm. I hope to get back to hiking this spring. What would you recommend for a good starter camera for a bird watcher? Maybe durable too so i could take on mountain biking trips. Love the photo!

    ReplyDelete