Saturday, February 19, 2011

from the vault 48


from the vault 48
Originally uploaded by Louis Q
A shot of a rig very similar to the one I used to use when I played. This is a shot of my old bandmates rig from Agony Hill. We both had a stack of Marshalls with the JCM heads. I preferred the 50W as a lot of the clubs we played in were not that large. And to get the killer tone from the tubes you gotta run em hot. Most of the clubs would have lost their doors and windows if you cranked the 100W amps, let alone the sound guy would have had a meltdown trying to mike and mix you out front. So, I liked the 50's. I enjoy running into my old bandmates and fellas I have met over the years while I played out. I enjoy photographing bands "almost" as I loved playing in them. I am able to talk with a lot of the guys I grew up admiring locally from the guys in AKA to Ice Water Mansion and have had the priveledge of photographing both of their recent reunion shows. I was able to shoot Three Days Grace, Chevelle and Adelitas Way, but other than that, It has been mainly local and regional acts. I love what I do and am thankful I was able to swap my musical creativity for photographic creativity and still be a part of the music scene that I have been passionate about for so long. My brother Tony and I have embarked on an acoustic project focusing on some good classics with an emphasis on great 70's style vocals and harmonies. We shall see....lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment