Friday, February 4, 2011

from the vault 34


from the vault 34
Originally uploaded by Louis Q
Off tonight to the First Arena in Elmira, NY again this year to shoot some X-treme Ice Racing. Last year was my first experience and I have to say I am not a huge fan of any kind of racing, but to see cycles and quads on ice with no brakes was kind of....well interesting. One thing I learned from last years experience is that it is VERY loud and stinky in there so I will at least bring earplugs tonight, maybe a gas mask too.
I can say the lighting is very good at the arena and am able to shoot pretty fast shutters using ambient light at around 1/800 f/3.2 1250 ISO. Hoping to get some cool shots tonight, maybe some wrecks, just as long as nobody gets hurt. I also wanted to share that I created a Linkedin acct. to in hopes of drumming up some more connections and hopefully some more work as well. I can be found on that site by using my full name.

No comments:

Post a Comment